Today we feature an interesting image taken in Phoenix Park, Co. Dublin by Robert and Cathy Ardill. Robert comments:
"This photograph shows the Magazine Fort in the Phoenix Park (a wonderful park to the west of the city) looking like the prow of a battleship thrusting its way through the sea of grass.
The Magazine Fort, built in 1735, was at first a symbol of the British occupation of Ireland. But by 1939 its purpose was to house the Irish Army's stocks of guns and ammunition."
- Mark Sheils
Founder, Picture Ireland