Phoenix Park Magazine Fort, Dublin

Phoenix Park Magazine Fort, Dublin

from 45.00

Photographer: Robert & Cathy Ardill

"This photograph shows the Magazine Fort in the Phoenix Park (a wonderful park to the west of the city) looking like the prow of a battleship thrusting its way through the sea of grass.

The Magazine Fort, built in 1735, was at first a symbol of the British occupation of Ireland. But by 1939 its purpose was to house the Irish Army's stocks of guns and ammunition."

 R & C Ardill

Size:
Quantity:
Add To Cart